Dermalogica® has recently launched new formulations and upgrades to its Daylight Defense System, a series of sun protection products for various skin types and needs, enhancing system’s effectiveness, durability and wearability.
Cute photography session during the launch
1) UV Smart Booster Technology – The sun has powerful effects on the skin, eyes and the body in general. Sometimes a sunscreen is not enough to battle the damaging effects of UV radiation. Research has shown that UV rays cause skin reddening, DNA damage, and also trigger formation of free radicals, which wreak havoc on cellular material. Free radicals, also known as Reactive Oxygen Species(ROS) are unstable molecules capable of altering DNA, enzyme function and other critical processes. Free radical formation in skin, along with the damaging effects of UV rays, ultimately results in sun-induced skin changes such as pigmentation, wrinkling, actinic keratosis, and even skin cancer.
For enhanced photo-protection against harmful UV rays and free radicals, Dermalogica® has incorporated antioxidants into formulas via its revolutionary UV Smart Booster Technology. This allows essential antioxidants like Vitamins C and E to be encapsulated into a microcapsule that activates only when needed. Vitamins are released when exposed to UV rays, delivering enhanced photo-protection when it is most needed.
These qualities are especially relevant when formulating with chemical sunscreens because they allow for a higher SPF rating while using fewer sunscreen agents, lessening the chance of sensitivity and providing an elegant feel and wearability. Dermalogica® new Solar Defense Booster SPF50 and Oil Free Matte SPF30, with Oleosome Technology, can deliver much more UV protection without unwanted oiliness or chalkiness while improving customer satisfaction.
L to R: Solar Defense Booster SPF50; Oil Free Matte SPF30; Super Sensitive Shield SPF30; Ultra Sensitive Tint SPF30
For ease of prescribing by skincare professionals and ease of selection by Dermalogica®’s customers, the newly improved Daily Defense System is incorporated in the various lines of Dermalogica® skincare in 4 products.
The newly upgraded Oil Free Matte SPF30, with an upgrade from SPF20, is now packaged as part of the MediBac Clearing® system(lime-green packaging). Oil Free Matte SPF30 is targeted to oily and breakout-prone skin. This lightweight, ultra-sheer Broad Spectrum sunscreen helps prevent shine, regulate oil production and soothe inflammation. Oil-absorbers help maintain an all-day matte finish without a powdery residue.
Retail Price: (WM) RM 230; (EM) RM 237
Similarly, Solar Defense Booster SPF50, upgraded from an SPF30 using the new formulation, has been transitioned into the Dermalogica® Skin Health System(classic gray packaging). Solar Defense Booster SPF50 is suitable for all skin conditions.
Retail Price: (WM) RM 278; (EM) RM 286
Ultra Sensitive Tint SPF30 and Super Sensitive Shield SPF30 are now packaged as part of the UltraCalming® system(purple packaging), which contain the UltraCalming™ Complex to help reduce sensitivity, redness, irritation and inflammation.
Ultra Sensitive Tint SPF30 is suitable for sensitized, reactive and recently resurfaced skin. Broad Spectrum sunscreen with tinted earth minerals helps guard skin against UV damage with antioxidants from soothing Grape Seed and Green Tea extracts, as physical sunscreens shield against skin-aging and irritating UV damage.
Retail Price: (WM) RM 176; (EM) RM 181
Super Sensitive Shield SPF30 is targeted to sensitized, reactive and recently resurfaced skin. This Chemical-free, Broad Spectrum sunscreen helps protect and reinforce barrier lipids, which are often compromised in sensitized skin conditions.
Super Sensitive Shield SPF30 Retail Price: (WM) RM 220; (EM) RM 227
Dermalogica® Daylight Defense System products are all in 50ml size and formulated without artificial fragrances and colors.
I like it's Good absorption, not sticky, fresh fruity smell :)
Lastly, let me share some Sun protection TIPS with you all:
1) Pick broad spectrum protection
• Shield against UVA(aging) & UVB(burn)
2) Choose skin friendly ingredients
• No Mineral Oil, No artificial fragrance, etc…
3) Pack on the antioxidants
• Combat aging caused by UV damage
4) Efficient product absorption
• Quick absorption, moisturizer feel
5) Apply > ½ teaspoon, and reapply every 2 hours
• Recommended by US FDA
6) Use sunscreen even when indoors
7) Try to avoid direct sun exposure between 10am to 4pm
8) When using chemical sunscreen for the first time, mix with moisturizer for the first 2 weeks(>SPF25)
9) For lighter texture preference, use it together with Skin Hydrating Booster or any toner
10) Reapplication on make up: spritz toner on skin, then press on sunscreen.
I'm ready for my CNY getaway with Dermalogica® Daylight Defense System