I used to bake quite a lot before married. However, I have stopped baking for awhile after becoming a mother. Since the Movement Control Order happening in Malaysia, I have picked up my old hobby and baked my first ever Basque burnt cheesecake for my family.
Surprisingly it is really easy and fast to make. We have chosen Anchor brand for their premium cheese and dairy products. The ingredients was so easy to get too, as we could just order from Bake with Yen.
Cream Cheese 500g
Full Cream Milk 50g
Whipping Cream 300g
Invert Sugar/honey 35g
Caster/icing sugar 150g
Egg (room temperature) 85g (About 2 eggs)
Corn starch 10g
- Pre heat oven at 210°C
- Beat cream cheese with caster sugar and invert sugar until creamy and smooth (no lumps) - approximately 5 mins.
- Slowly mix in egg, then cream, milk and lastly, corn starch.
- Turn to very slow speed and mix until batter becomes smooth (no bubbles) - approximately 5 mins.
- Pour mixture into cake mould (lined with parchment paper)
- Bake at 210°C for 45 minutes. (without fan)
- Keep in chiller overnight. Unmould and serve chill.