With more than 230 nerve endings per square centimeter, the scalp is one of the most nerve-rich organs in the body and it is also one of the most vulnerable!
Itching, tingling, prickling and irritations… to fight the four major reactions of sensitive scalps, Kérastase has launched Sensidote Dermo-Calm, the professional antidote that uses sensoriality to enhance performance.
The forms of discomfort indicate scalp sensitivity, a condition that is more or less intense depending on the individual. It’s caused by a very dense nerve system that extends to the outmost layers of the skin. The skin on the scalp contains an average of as many as 230 receptors per square centimeter.
The various systems of nerve endings are found in both the dermis and the epidermis. Acting as small receptors and depending on their specific functions, they interpret external signals and make the scalp a true sensory platform.
The Sensidote Dermo-Calm line contains, depending of the products, four main active ingredients which, when used in combination, can soothe even the most stress-ridden scalps:
• Polysorbate 21 (PS21), contained in the serum, a revolutionary molecule detected in vitro, tested in vitro and in vivo, designed to improve the scalp’s tolerance to external aggressions.
• Salix N, included in the serum and the masque, known for its soothing properties. Willow extract, the Salix N is part of the aspirin formulation.
• Mentha P., in the serum and the masque, also known as peppermint, recognized for its calming, refreshing properties.
• Glycerin, in every product in the range, an extract from vegetal oils, known for its soothing action and its anti-inflammatory applications. It moisturizes to soothe the scalp and help provide relief from external aggressions.
The benefits of scalp massage
As an inventor of haircare rituals, Kérastase is now taking inspiration from Head Spa* science, the science of the senses based on the latest advances in neuro-cosmetic research to inextricably link effectiveness and sensory pleasure during the use of its products. (Neuro-cosmetic research is the field of research which studies the interactions between the skin and the nervous system.)
The scalp is the site of a variety of different types of nerve endings that respond to different types of stimuli:
• Cold or hot (Krause’s corpuscles);
• Light contact (Meissner’s corpuscles);
• Traction and stretching (Ruffini’s corpuscles);
• Pressure and vibration (Vater-Pacini corpuscles).
Kérastase has called on a massage virtuoso to create a customized in-salon usage protocol for the Sensidote Dermo-Calm line.
* Head Spa refers to a well-known beauty ritual from Asia, where the scalp is seen as a source of pleasure and relaxation.
The textures in the Sensidote Dermo-Calm line contain a cooling agent for an immediate refreshing sensation on the scalp and instant soothing action.
Sensidote Dermo-Calm Absolute Soothing Serum:
• Immediately and lastingly soothes
• Calms the itching, redness and tingling that afflicts the scalp.
• Designed for professional use in salons, it can also be applied to the scalp after in-salon treatments.
Apply Sensidote serum after shampooing the hair. Can be used as many as 3 times per week on sensitive scalps (all hair types).
1. Wash and condition your hair with your usual products.
2. Towel out your hair.
3. On fine hair, apply 2 droppers of Sensidote serum onto the scalp.
4. Delicately massage with the fingertips to distribute the product evenly over the scalp.
5. Do not rinse. Continue with your usual styling procedures.
Dermo-Calm line is completed with Bain Vital Dermo-Calm, an ultra-soothing, hypoallergenic shampoo and Bain Riche Dermo-Calm, a nutri-soothing hypoallergenic shampoo.
How had I benefited from Sensidote Dermo-Calm range? My scalp and hairs are soothed immediately, a refreshing, relaxing scalp while restores suppleness and lightness to my hair.