Happy 10th Birthday to L’OCCITANE Malaysia!
My favorite brand: L’OCCITANE has celebrated their 10th anniversary in True Provencal Inspiration recently in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Mixing things up is hardly a foreign concept in Malaysia; this is after all a country of diverse ethnicities where Malay, Chinese and Indian live in a melting pot that is endlessly fascinating, something that L’OCCITANE, the leading French beauty company from Provence, is able to relate to quite easily with its varied and nature orientated take on how its beauty products are derived.
Mr Tan Seong Teck & Ms. Nancy Ferriman
Founded in 1976, L’OCCITANE is now a well-established and renowned international brand with presence in over 80 countries and with 1,899 stores worldwide. “The sun smiles on Provence,” quoted by founder Olivier Baussan. “Its warmth makes the soil generous and the people open-hearted. Its bright rays are reflected in the crafts, customs and traditions that have been handed down from generation to generation. The sun, the products of the soil and a love of nature are the essence of Provence. It is this essence that I want to share with the world. This is what inspired me to create L’OCCITANE.”
10 KEY L’OCCITANE MALAYSIA’s milestones over the 10 years
1. The very first L’OCCITANE Boutique’s opening ceremony in KLCC, Kuala Lumpur
2. In July 2006, L’OCCITANE Malaysia brought 3 press members to Provence, the home of the brand, for an exclusive Lavender Discovery.
3. In 2007, L’OCCITANE Malaysia branched out from Kuala Lumpur and opened its first outlet in Queensbay Mall, Penang; followed by the first L’OCCITANE Boutique in East Malaysia at The Spring, Kuching. Two other outstation outlets were opened later in Mahkota Parade, Melaka and Suria Sabah, Kota Kinabalu to bring Provencal lifestyle to more parts in Malaysia.
4. In 2007, L’OCCITANE Malaysia re-launched its bestselling anti-ageing skincare collection, Immortelle Precious formulated by its signature everlasting flowers – Corsican Immortelle.
5. 2009 was an exciting year for L’OCCITANE Malaysia as they launched their first premium anti-ageing skincare product, Divine Cream.
6. In line with L’OCCITANE’s CSR endeavors, the brand’s first local charity fundraising initiative was launched in 2009. A total of more than RM150,000 was successfully raised over the years and donated to the Malaysian Association for the Blind (MAB) to equip the association’s different projects to empower the visually impaired with knowledge. This noble effort has become L’OCCITANE Malaysia’s annual affair, where funds are raised each year to help the visually impaired. L’OCCITANE Malaysia was proudly be commended by Foundation France in year 2013 on its local efforts in helping the visually impaired. L’OCCITANE Malaysia takes pride in its efforts to help these people have a better, brighter future, and they are proud of the award as it encourages them to strive even harder.
7. In 2010, in line with going green, L’OCCITANE Malaysia introduced its first eco-friendly green house concept Boutique in Mid Valley, Kuala Lumpur and eco-Refill packaging was also introduced to reduce the usage of plastic bottle.
8. The first Melvita flagship boutique was opened in Suria KLCC end 2010. Melvita, L’OCCITANE’s sister brand, was founded by Mr. Bernard Chevilliat in 1983, and offers a wide selection of organic beauty care products developed and formulated in France, featuring bee products as its key ingredients. The grand opening was officiated by Mr. Chevilliat, the founder itself.
9. In 2012, L’OCCITANE Malaysia relaunched its popular hydrating skincare collection, Angelica. Selected members of the press were invited on an exclusive discovery trip to Salagon Garden, Provence.
10. Today, in 2014, L’OCCITANE Malaysia has rapidly expanded its wings over a short period of time. From one humble boutique in Suria KLCC to 18 boutiques nationwide, and from 10 staff to a team of over 150 dedicated employees, its success story continues to grow and flourish…
Mr Tan Seong Teck & Ms. Nancy Ferriman with 10 years serving staffs
L to R: Dynas Mokhtar, Serence C, Raja Atilia, Yyasmin Hani & Daphne Iking
The ever charming & bubbly celebrity emcee Jonathan Putra made it an afternoon to remember, kicking off with an opening dance number by So You Think You Can Dance Malaysia Season 2 winner Cecilia Yong, which was inspired by the Parisian way of life, love and unspoken passions.
L’OCCITANE is fast gaining a reputation in Malaysia as the go-to purveyor of beauty and pampering essentials, a fact it drove home with a casual tete-a-tete with Nancy Ferriman, South East Asia General Manager of L’OCCITANE.
Ms. Nancy Ferriman being interviewed by celebrity emcee Jonathan Putra
“We’re pleased with the strides we’ve made in Malaysia,” she surmised. “We understand that uncompromising premium products and a penchant for subtlety over flash is what have been our key driving initiatives every time a new range is conceptualised. We want our products to speak for themselves through the pleasure and radiant glow of the woman who uses L’OCCITANE in ways that shows that beauty is more than just skin deep.”
L to R: Belinda Chee, Raja Atilia, Pamela Chong, Julie Woon, Thanuja & Vanessa Chong
Anyhow, my girl and I have enjoyed the party that day and mingling around with friends. Most importantly, we have witnessed L’OCCITANE Malaysia greatest milestones together. And I wish L’OCCITANE Malaysia continue grow and succeed.
L’OCCITANE Malaysia Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/loccitane.my
L’OCCITANE Malaysia website: http://www.loccitane.com.my/